Friday, April 4, 2014

R as a Publishing Engine | CPI Components Use Case

R was certainly not designed to be a publishing engine, but in my workflow, R is the primary method of content creation.  With that in mind, I have been thinking about a very different use case of rCharts in which we might want to include inflexible and not really reusable custom javascript components in our document.  As a quick example after updating my CPI component graph using d3.js and angular, I want to plug it into a document and really only need to modify a couple of parameters.  While someone might want to use this for different data, I doubt it.

rCharts seamless integration with knitr/slidify/Rpres makes this very easy.  I just wonder how popular this will become.

image

1 comment:

  1. Friedman was, of course, full of it. As OPEC proved 3 years later.

    ReplyDelete