Friday, November 9, 2012

Unbelievable and Amazing R Shiny–Web Parameter Test in 1.5 Hours

Life keeps getting better and better.  Yesterday, I discovered the absolutely unbelievable and amazing work RStudio has done with Shiny employing one of my favorite R packages websockets.  As proof of the ease and quality, within a couple of minutes, I was able to get it up and running.  This morning basically starting from scratch in less than 1.5 hours I was able to achieve a web-based interactive parameter test for a moving average system as my first example.

Below is a screencast of this very basic parameter testing web app.  I can only hope that this simple application can illustrate just how powerful Shiny is.  Just imagine pairing this with d3 or knitr.

R code for server.R and ui.R from GIST:

3 comments:

  1. you are awesome!. i was also looking at how it can be combined at the httr package for social media analytics and correlating that with stock performance

    ajay ohri

    decisionstats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete